Sunday, September 27, 2020

I like Cam Newton

Despite his hair style, I've decided I like the guy. He is consistent and steady in the pocket, he doesn't get rattled when he's under pressure and he can run if he has to. His passing game is about as good as anyone's, including Brady.

It was a good game to watch today with the Patriots beating the Raiders 20-36.


As for the Red Sox, once the Patriots game ended, I switched over to the baseball game and caught the last 5 innings.

They played their final game of the season today. As I post this, they are in the 6th inning and leading the Braves 3-1. Pivetta pitched a good of a game, going 5 innings and giving up only one run but the bullpen appears to be struggling a bit. Right now the Bravers have the bases loaded and there is only 1 out.

On a side note, the Red Sox released Ron Roenicke today. He took the job as a one-season manager after their previous manager, Alex Cora, was fired and suspended from baseball for the season. As far as I'm concerned, Roenicke did a decent job with a team that had been gutted, both intentionally and by shitty circumstances. I'm not sure if he'll look for another job in baseball or just call it a career and go live a good life.

All the big brains on the internet are predicting that the Red Sox will re-hire Cora but that is a wild guess. What the hell, if you're gonna make wild guesses then I'm going to guess they'll offer the job to Jason Veritek...


I'm going to go eat some dinner and watch some DVRs. Turns out there was a Last Man STanding marathon the other day and my DVR recorded around 15 or 20 shows. I've got at least two or three weeks of Tim Allen queued up and ready to go.

While I enjoy that, you can enjoy these:

No comments: