Sunday, September 13, 2020

Today was a sports kind of day

At 1:00 this afternoon, the Dolphins came to Foxboro to play the Patriots and the Red Sox were in Tampa to play the Rays.

Thanks goodness for Picture-In-Picture technology.

⧫

Today was the home opener for the Patriots with their shiny new superstar quarterback, Cameron Newton.

Now I realize this is going to piss a few of you off but every time I see a picture of Newton, all I see is that recurring Simpson's character, Sideshow Bob Terwilliger:
That guy needs to go see a barber or a stylist or something.

Anyways...

Given that the team had six or seven key players opt-out of the season and lost their franchise quarterback to free agency, I would say they did pretty damned well. They beat the Dolphins 21-11.

I thought Newton did a pretty good job and I was pretty jazzed to see a Patriots quarterback run the ball while actually running instead of plodding along. Nothing against Brady but there is a reason his nickname is The Clydesdale...

And speaking of young Mr. Brady, the Buccaneers are playing the Saints right now and from what I can tell he's throwing crisp passes and not under-throwing his receivers like he was last season. I haven't seen him throw to Gronkowski yet but I have seen him throw an interception, get sacked once and get penalized for intentional grounding.

It's half time, the Saints are up 17-7 and I'll probably watch the rest of the game after the news is over.

Or maybe not. It depends on what else is on.

⧫

As for the Red Sox, they needed to win todays game to split the four-game series with the Rays and win it they did. They beat the Rays 6-3 on some excellent pitching by Perez and some decent hitting when it mattered.

As I've said before, they don't stand a chance of making the playoffs but it's still nice to see them win.

All-in-all, a good day for sports.

⧫

Time for an update on the cats.

Yes, they get along well with The Small Dog:
And yes, she loves them back. We are all one big happy pack.


⧫

I managed to consume and maintain a cheeseburger last night so tonight I'm trying for a nice piece of baked cod lightly crusted with seasoned bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Enjoy these links:

No comments: