Sunday, September 13, 2020

Today was a sports kind of day

At 1:00 this afternoon, the Dolphins came to Foxboro to play the Patriots and the Red Sox were in Tampa to play the Rays.

Thanks goodness for Picture-In-Picture technology.


Today was the home opener for the Patriots with their shiny new superstar quarterback, Cameron Newton.

Now I realize this is going to piss a few of you off but every time I see a picture of Newton, all I see is that recurring Simpson's character, Sideshow Bob Terwilliger:
That guy needs to go see a barber or a stylist or something.

Anyways...

Given that the team had six or seven key players opt-out of the season and lost their franchise quarterback to free agency, I would say they did pretty damned well. They beat the Dolphins 21-11.

I thought Newton did a pretty good job and I was pretty jazzed to see a Patriots quarterback run the ball while actually running instead of plodding along. Nothing against Brady but there is a reason his nickname is The Clydesdale...

And speaking of young Mr. Brady, the Buccaneers are playing the Saints right now and from what I can tell he's throwing crisp passes and not under-throwing his receivers like he was last season. I haven't seen him throw to Gronkowski yet but I have seen him throw an interception, get sacked once and get penalized for intentional grounding.

It's half time, the Saints are up 17-7 and I'll probably watch the rest of the game after the news is over.

Or maybe not. It depends on what else is on.


As for the Red Sox, they needed to win todays game to split the four-game series with the Rays and win it they did. They beat the Rays 6-3 on some excellent pitching by Perez and some decent hitting when it mattered.

As I've said before, they don't stand a chance of making the playoffs but it's still nice to see them win.

All-in-all, a good day for sports.


Time for an update on the cats.

Yes, they get along well with The Small Dog:
And yes, she loves them back. We are all one big happy pack.



I managed to consume and maintain a cheeseburger last night so tonight I'm trying for a nice piece of baked cod lightly crusted with seasoned bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Enjoy these links:

No comments: