Wednesday, September 23, 2020

It was a very pleasant day

I put in my work day and then headed over to a friends house to hang out with her and her husband in their backyard. We had a nice conversation, catching up on all that has happened since covid came along and sent us all scurrying into our houses like frightened mice.

After that I ran over to the local legal drug dealer to get a flu shot but the line was at least 10 deep. That pretty much made up my mind to not get the flu shot today. I'll run over again tomorrow in the morning to hopefully beat the crowd.

I hate crowds and waiting in line.


The Red Sox beat the Orioles 8-3 last night. They brought the new guy, Privetta, up from Pawtucket and he pitched a hell of a game. He's one of the guys they got from the Phillies for Workman & Hembree and, on the surface, that seemed like a bad trade. Basically, the Red Sox traded away two established bull pen guys for a starter who had a terrible year last year and a minor leaguer who has never pitched in the majors.

Turns out Bloom just might know what he is doing because this guy Privetta is a lights out, a four-pitch pitcher. And one of those four pitches is a nasty sinker that no one can touch. If the other guy, Seabold, turns out to be a decent pitcher, that was a hell of a trade and Bloom is a genius.

It also turns out the sports fans of Philadelphia are pretty upset with their GM over it.

They play the Orioles again tonight and Evoldi is on the mound. I'd really like to see them win again tonight. They still won't make the post season but it's always nice to see them win. It's also nice to see the Philly fans upset.

I don't like the Phillies. Never have, never will.


I'm going to go make some dinner and settle in to watch the baseball game.

I hope your evening turns out to be as exciting as mine...

No comments: