Sunday, November 8, 2020

I'm trying it again

Despite my best efforts, the drought managed to turn my backyard into a field of crabgrass.

There is, however, one spot where nothing grew. It was the spot where The Large Main Dog always pee'd. When I say his pee was poison, I mean it was poison to the max. When even crabgrass won't grow, you know it's bad.

Well, I figure it's been long enough that the soil may have shed it's pee poisons and I might get some grass to grow there. So this afternoon, The Small Dog and myself broke the ground up, raked it smooth and picked out all the stones. Then we threw some grass seed down and raked it in a bit. They are predicting rain for later in the week so that will help it start the growing process.

If the grass grows and this spring there is a nice 10 foot around patch of grass growing there, we will designate it as Kirby Memorial Park and admire our work.

Actually, to be honest with you, I did all the work. The Small Dog does not have opposable thumbs and can't handle a rake. She just wandered around the yard, sniffing and pooping. But hey, she was with me so I'll give her credit for the work.


No Patriots today but the Steelers are playing the Cowboys right now.

The Cowboys are playing slightly worse football than the Patriots, with a 2-6 record. The Steelers are undefeated with the best record in the NFL at 7-0.

I'm hoping the Steelers end the day at 8-0 for two reasons:
  1. I hate the Cowboys. Always have, always will. Their owner, Jerry Jones, is a raging asshole.

  2. I like the Steelers. Always have, always will. Their owners, The Rooney Family, is made up of decent people who treat their players with respect. They are a lot like the Kraft family.
Right now, the score is 3-0 in favor of the Cowboys and both teams are playing some pretty good football.

If you hear anyone yelling things like, "THROW THE DAMNED BALL!" or "You call that a block? That's not a block. A block is when you actually STOP THE DEFENDER FROM HITTING THE QUARTERBACK!", you can assume it's coming from my house.


Alex Trebek died today. I'm not a huge fan of him or Jeopardy but he struck me as a decent human being. He made it to 80 before succumbing to that shitty disease known as cancer.

If I make it to 80, I'm gonna start smoking again. At that point, screw it, might as well enjoy myself.


You can click on these links right here:

No comments: