Friday, November 6, 2020

He's back

It's being reported in the Boston media that the Red Sox have re-hired Alex Cora as their manager. Depending on your point of view, this may be a good thing or it may be a bad thing. As I said back on October 30th, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about them bringing him back.

On the one hand, he was a good manager. He has baseball smarts, he studies his players, knows their strengths & weaknesses and he is highly respected by them. They want to succeed for him because he knows what they can do to achieve success. On the other hand, it's been reported that he was the one who invented the "sign-stealing trashcan-banging" routine the Astro's used to fraudulently acquire a World Series trophy.

I'm still not sure how I feel about him being brought back to the Red Sox but I do know that when he was there before, I was happy with the way the team played.

My current plan is to keep a good thought and see how things play out. Everyone deserves a second chance.


Time for another Election 2020 update:
    Nope, there is still no clear winner in the presidential race but we learned today that Yeezy has conceded the race. No word on who he is throwing his support behind.

    I predict we will know who the president is on December 15th because the Electoral College casts its votes on December 14th. Until then it's going to be a shitshow of lawsuits, name-calling and whining about how everyone cheated.

    I will tell you that Nancy I'm just a little bit psychotic Pelosi is getting nervous because the Democrats lost five seats in the house and the Republicans picked up six seats. This means the Democrats have an approximate 20 seat majority out of the 435 seats in the house. That's kind of a slim margin.
This has been your Election 2020 update.

As we prepare to leave the election section, let me just toss this brief bit of humor at you:


I know there are already several links in the textual portion of this treatise but here are few more you may find interesting:

No comments: