Friday, May 14, 2021

My back hurts

My wife bought new porch furniture and it arrived today. That meant  today was "set up the porch day". I replaced two screens, put a table together and put two chairs together. Oh, and before I did that, I mowed the backyard.

So I realize that doesn't sound like a lot but the problem is I had to do most of the building and rescreening on my knees or hunched over. This is bad for my ancient frame and I am paying the price right now.

Oh, and did I mention that I got up at 4:00 this morning to take my daughter to the airport? Well, I did so not only am I sore, I'm freakin' tired.

What all that means is that I did not have any time for news reading or link hunting.

But sore back and knees aside, my wife is pretty happy with her new furniture. She'll be even happier when I build the last two chairs and we have a complete dining set out there.

Basically, that porch serves as our second dining area and our second office(s). When the weather is nice, we pack up our laptops and work out there instead of in our respective offices.


The Red Sox won last night, beating the Athletics 8-1 and avoiding the sweep.

Tonight they take on the struggling Angels. The Angels are a great team that is having a tough time getting it's act together. With guys like Mike Trout, Shohei Ohtani, Jose Iglasias and Justin Upton, they should be in the thick of things but they are currently in last place in the ALWest.

The Red Sox should have no problem winning this three game series and maintaining first place in the ALEast. At least, that's what I think will happen. I'm pretty sure the Angels have other ideas about how this will go.


I'm going to take two ibuprofen, put on the Red Sox game and fall asleep on my couch.

You can do whatever you want.

No comments: