Thursday, May 27, 2021

Overflowing gutters suck

You know those squiggly things that come from oak trees? Those things that are like strings of fluffy yarn filled with pollen?

Well those things filled up my gutters and prevented the water from flowing to the downspouts. That means that when last nights storms rolled through, my gutters basically overflowed.

And by "overflowed", I mean, 'Holy Shit! Look at all that water!"

Fortunately I didn't end up with a basement filled with water but I did have to get the extension ladder out and spend this morning emptying the gutters of water, squigglees and dead birds...

Yes, you read that correctly. There were dead birds in my gutter.

Turns out that one of the gutters on the side of my house had a pigeon's nest in it and the baby bird drowned last night.

Sometimes you find unexpected stuff in your gutters...


Sports:

The Bruins will face the Islanders in the second round of the divisionals. Their first game is scheduled for Saturday at 8:00pm

The Red Sox avoided the sweep by beating the Braves last night. Unfortunately, the game went into a rain delay at the end of the 6th inning and after listening to an hour of meaningless prattle from Tom Caron and Jim Rice, I called it quits and went to bed.

A check of the box score this morning shows me that rain delay lasted 2 hours and 53 minutes so I'm glad I went to bed when I did.

Next game is tomorrow when they kick off a 3-game series against the Marlins.


I have no sports to watch tonight so I guess I'll try to burn through some DVRs.

You can enjoy these links if you want:

No comments: