Thursday, May 20, 2021

We better get some rain soon

I am trying my best to avoid watering. I had to water yesterday because the fertilizer guy applied weed killer & fertilizer and he told me to water it in but other than that, I would really like to not water my lawn.

After suffering a near-death experience last year during the drought, my lawn has had a miraculous rebirth:
I'd kinda like to keep it that way.

I have been watering the young trees because I don't want to go through that again but ideally, since I don't have a sprinkler system, I would like the lawn to survive on rain alone. Dragging hoses around and setting up sprinklers is a pain in the ass. The only easy part about watering the lawn like that is I have an Alexa who reminds me to turn the sprinklers off.

Every time I start the sprinklers, I walk in the house and say, "Alexa, remind me to turn the sprinklers off in 20 minutes" and Alexa cheerfully say, "Okay. I'll remind you in 20 minutes". Then, 20 minutes later, I hear, "I'm reminding you to turn the sprinklers off."

She's damned polite and very handy to have around. And I don't really give a shit if Jeff Bezos gets his jollies listening to recordings of my wife or myself telling the dog she is a good girl.


My hopes came to fruition last night when the Red Sox beat the Blue Jays and the Bruins beat the Capitals.

The Bruins beat the Capitals 3-2 when Craig Smith skated to the back of the Capital's goal, stole the puck from a Capital's defenseman and slipped it past the goaling into the net. This puts the Bruins up 2 games to 1 in their best of seven series. The next game will be tomorrow evening in Boston.

As for the Red Sox, it was a pretty damned good game with the Red Sox beating the Blue Jays 7-3. Their 3 game series is now tied 1-1 and tonight's game will decide who wins that series.

In other baseball news - As I type this, the Giants are in Cincinnati, kicking the crap out of the Reds 18-1:

It must suck to be a Reds fan, sitting in the ballpark and watching your home team get its ass handed to it.


Time for me to figure out what I want for dinner and then settle in to watch some baseball.

I managed to find these for you:

No comments: