Saturday, May 1, 2021

Good day all around

Today was the day my nephew graduated from Norwich University and became a commissioned officer in the United States Air Force:

Since they are all vaccinated, his very proud mom, dad & brother were able to attend his graduation and commissioning ceremony.


Turns out I should probably replace the blades on my lawn tractor more often.

I decided to drop the deck on the tractor this morning so I could clean all the caked grass off. When I flipped it over, I noticed that the blades were no longer straight, one of the lift fins on one blade was snapped off and the remaining lift fins only had a quarter inch of metal holding them on.

So after a quick jaunt to Lowes to pick up two new blades, I installed them, put the deck back on and started the tractor. Then I engaged the blades and...

...nothing happened.

Turns out I forgot to thread the belt through the tensioning pulleys. So I fiddled with that for a bit and managed to get the belt back in place without having to drop the deck again. Then I restarted the tractor, engaged the blades and...

...everything worked like a charm.

I once again have a lawn mower that cuts the grass instead of shredding it with dull, mishapen, out-of-balance pieces of steel.


The Bruins beat the Sabres 6-2 this afternoon and they are currently in third place in the east with 66 points. The Islanders play the Rangers tonight and I hope they lose. If they win, the Bruins will fall back into fourth. But for right now, they are in third.

Speaking of standings, with last night's win over the Rangers, the Red Sox are not only in first place in the American League, they are in first place in all of the MLB:

I gotta tell you, this Red Sox team is impressing the crap out of me. They have good solid pitching, excellent front-of-the-order hitting and if the back-of-the-order starts hitting, they will be a very difficult team to beat.

My feelings, and they are just my feelings, is that they should send Cordero down to Worcester so he can figure out what his bat is for and bring up Duran, Downs or Chavis. Cordero should be hitting the ball but he's not. Get him the help he needs to figure out what is wrong and give one of the other guys a shot at the big team.


So now I'm going to watch the Red Sox.

You can click on these:

No comments: