Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Storms are brewing

According to the weather dweebs on our local television station (that is probably owned by a large international conglomerate), we have severe thunderstorms heading our way. Looks like the line will reach here around 6:30 or 7:00 so if you don't hear from me for a few days, assume it's because I live in Tornado Alley - New England Division and my internet is out.

As for my preparedness, I have 10 gallons of gasoline for my generator, several cans of chili, a full propane tank for my grill, a bunch of Costco hamburgers and an ample supply of toilet paper. I'm about as set as I can be.

Wish me luck...


The Red Sox lost last night because once again, they are leaving runners on base.

In the first inning, they had the bases loaded with 1 out and they only managed to score a single run before hitting into a double play. After that, they pretty much ran headlong into a guy named Charlie Morton. Morton is a pitcher for the Braves and he was on fire last night.

Tonight Pivetta is on the mound for the Red Sox and the batters will face Drew Smyly who is on the mound for the Braves. I'm not sure if Smyly is any good or not. So far this season, he's pitched in 7 games, won 2, lost 2 and had a no-decision in the other 3. His ERA is 5+ so his stats say that he is slightly below "middle of the road".

All I know is the Red Sox need to win tonight to avoid the 2-game sweep.


I'm going to watch some baseball and fall asleep early.

You can click on these if you want:

No comments: