Saturday, May 15, 2021

My back really hurts

The hot water knob on the sink in our first floor bathroom broke. Since the faucet is old, there is no replacement for the knob. That means we needed a new faucet.

My wife has seen me replace faucets before so she knows that it's easier to replace the faucet on a sink that is out of the counter so she said, "Hey, let's get a new faucet and a new sink!"

She went to the Home Depot website to find the sink she wanted and since she was getting a new sink in white to replace the ugly tan sink, she also apparently needed to get a new toilet in white to match the new sink.

That means my afternoon was spent under the sink trying to disconnect and remove the old sink. It turns out the damn thing was glued in place so removal was a bitch.

I finally go it out and cleaned all the old glue off. Then I put the new faucet on the new sink, applied a little of the polyurethane Gorilla Glue to the underside and set it in the hole in the counter.

Now I let it set until tomorrow so the glue sets up. Then I will cut/scrape any glue that has oozed out and attached the drain & water lines. If the glue scraping looks bad, I'll apply a bead of white silicone caulking around the edge to cover it up.

Once that is done, I'll remove the old toilet and put the new one in place.

After that, I will overdose on ibuprofen.


The Red Sox managed the beat the crap out of the Angels this afternoon, winning the game 9-0.

Because of my plumbing duties, I was only able to watch a few innings while I was installing the faucet on the sink but the innings I watched were all Red Sox. Verdugo and Dalbec are out of their hitting slump which is good news. They need those two guys hitting on a regular basis.

The Red Sox are at .610, in first place in the ALEast and after tomorrow's game, they are looking at a short road trip to play the Blue Jays and then the Phillies.


Tonight starts the Stanley Cup divisional playoffs. The Bruins are in Washington to play the Capitals and as I type this, the score is 1-1 after one period.

Here are some links that you may find interesting:

No comments: