Thursday, May 13, 2021

My old phone sucked

I did not realize how bad my old cell phone was until I was setting up my new phone. Man, this thing moves like the wind, the display is crystal clear and despite being slightly larger, it actually weighs less.

I'm struggling to get used to not having the little fingerprint button but the facial recognition is working just fine. It's a little disconcerting to pick it up and have it unlock just by looking at it.

I can also now download some much needed applications that will be very helpful when I'm flying. Things like a weather forecast app, an app that contains info about local airports and an app that calculates cross winds on any runway based on current wind forecasts.

Oh, and also maybe some games...


The Red Sox managed to lose another game last night but I'm not ready to declare they are in a slump. Three losses in a row does not come close to offsetting the 22 wins they've had so far this season. They are still in first place in the ALEast and second place in the American League.

Tonight is the final game against the Athletics so I'm hoping Richards pitches like he did during his last outing. They need a win to avoid being swept.


The Bruins first playoff game against the Capitals is this Saturday at 7:30. Fortunately, the Red Sox game scheduled for that day will start at 4:10. That means I probably won't have to do much in the way of channel flipping.

I'm not entirely sure I'm right about this but it appears that all rounds will be best of seven series. Here are the brackets as they stand right now (the west has not yet been finalized):


I've eaten dinner and I'm ready to watch some baseball.

While I enjoy my normal, relaxed evening, you can enjoy these:

No comments: