Tuesday, May 11, 2021

No sweep for the Red Sox

They lost to the Orioles last night 4-1. They are still in first place in the MLB, they just had an off night.

Tonight starts a 3-game series against the Athletics. This should be a good series because the Athletics are a pretty damned good team. They are first in the ALWest division and second behind the Red Sox in the American League.


The Bruins won last night, securing their third place spot in the divisional playoffs. They are currently two points behind the Capitals and as luck would have it, they are playing the Capitals tonight. That means if they win and pick up the two points, they will be tied for second place with the Capitals. From what I can tell, the tie-breaker has to do with the points from regulation wins (not OT wins) which means the Capitals will be the second place team.

I guess will know tomorrow where things stand. No matter how tonights game turns out and how the tie breaker is determined, the Bruins will at least be in third place and they will travel to Washington to play the Capitals in the divisionals.

And one of these days, the NHL may actually tell us when that is going to happen...


My old boss quit and moved to Texas so I have a new boss.

He's a good guy and I get along with him just fine which is good because after today's fiasco with the stock market, I'm not quite ready to retire.


I will once again be flipping back & forth between NESN and NESN+ at 7:00 this evening but for right now, I am watching the Worcester Red Sox play the Syracuse Mets. I love watching the kids play ball.

Here are some links for you to enjoy:

No comments: