Tuesday, October 5, 2021

All or nothing

Tonight is the AL wildcard game. One team will move on to the ALDS and the other team will go on vacation until next February.

As you can imagine, I'm hoping it's the Red Sox that move on and the Yankees that go on vacation.


I was watching some Bruins pre-season last night and I gotta tell you, that kid Swayman is a hell of a goalie.

The Bruins went to Philadelphia without most of their front-line players. As a matter of fact, the team they took down there was mostly the Providence Bruins but they still put on a hell of a show. Swayman stopped just about everything that came at him.

I think it might be a good season for them.


Time for me to reheat some leftovers and watch some DVRs until the game starts. I'm not sure how many innings I'll make it through tonight. I'm hoping to see at least five or six but since the Red Sox / Yankees games are notoriously slow and long, I expect I'll only make it through four before I start falling asleep.

On a high note, I discovered that ESPN2 is carrying tonight's game as a "statcast" game. Not sure exactly what that means but I do know it means Rodriguez and Vasgersian won't be the talking heads. I'll gladly listen to some mathematicians prattle on about bat speed, exit velocity and distance the fielder had to cover rather than listen to those two ESPN idiots.

Here are some links you can enjoy:

No comments: