Wednesday, October 6, 2021

They live to fight another day

Despite all of the predictions from ESPN, FOX and CBS, the Red Sox made quick work of the Yankees last night. When I went to bed at 10:00, it was the sixth inning and the Red Sox were up 3-1.

And they were playing like they were about to score more runs.

When I woke up this morning, I discovered the final score was 6-2 in favor of the Red Sox. Trust me when I say that I was pretty damned happy but not really surprised because after watching the first six innings, I expected them to win.

Here's what I saw last night:

The Yankees went into that game assuming they would beat the Red Sox with little or no effort. Stanton hit a ball off the wall that he assumed was a home run so he didn't run. Since it failed to leave the park and he didn't run, he ended up at first base with a look on his face like, "What the hell! I'm important! I'm supposed to hit home runs!"

The Yankees should be ashamed by how they played. I'm thinking both Cashman and Boone should be very concerned about their jobs.

So now that the Yankees are behind them, the Red Sox need to think about how to take three out of five from the Rays.

I honestly think the Red Sox are going to take the series and move on to the ALCS but it's not going to be easy. The Ray's are a team that you just can't predict what they will do or how they will play. I've seen them step up to the plate and hit every pitch thrown to them and I've seen them collapse like a house of cards.

I guess this is going to be a watch-and-see kind of series.


One of the largest employers in western Mass is moving out of the state because of politicians.

Hundreds of people in western Mass are losing their jobs because of politicians.

Despite that, this is what our politicians are focused on.

We just keep voting for idiots...


I have an FAA presentation to listen to tonight.

While I do that, you can click on these if you want:

No comments: