Thursday, October 28, 2021

Zuckerberg is a slimy guy

They could change their name to "WeAreNiceGuys" and I still won't trust them or their boss.

For those of you that don't know, I stopped using facebook several years ago when I decided to see what they know about me. I downloaded all of my information and discovered that they had somehow managed to grab all of my contact information, including my mom's phone number, email address and home address.

I was kind of shocked to see that and after giving it some thought, I recall that years ago I bought a cell phone that came with the Facebook app preinstalled. I never used the app but that is the only way I can think of that they managed to grab my contact information.

There is no reason that Zuckerberg needed any information at all about my mom or any of the other people in my contact list. Screw him and his piece of shit company.

Also, the word "meta" means "data about data". In my world, it's used to refer to the information about a database. The metadata for a database is the information about the rows/columns/fields that make up the database.

Kind of ironic that a company that makes all its money by collecting and selling data about its "customers" has changed its name to "data about data".


The World Series is tied 1-1 with last night's win by the Astros. Fortunately, I don't care.

What I do care about is that the Bruins lost to the Panthers, pushing them down in the standings.

Yes, I know it's early in a long season. Yes, I know that things change all the time and teams move up and down in the standings.

Tonight the take on the undefeated Hurricanes so I don't anticipate an easy win for the Bruins. What I do anticipate is a strong showing and some excellent hockey.


Time to make some food and then watch some hockey.

Here are today's links:

No comments: