Thursday, October 7, 2021

The divisonals are set

Last night, the Dodgers beat the Cardinals and advanced from the NLwildcard to the NLDS. This means the best of five divisionals are now set.

Eduardo Rodriguez will be tonights starter and Cora has indicated that he is under no obligation to go 6 innings. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cora take him out of the game after 2 or 3 innings.

Playoff baseball is different than regular season baseball.

During regular season baseball, the managers are trying to keep their guys healthy and rested. This is playoff baseball. This is balls out, full steam ahead baseball. These guys can rest when the World Series is over, right now they need to put everything out on the field.

In other words, no "Stantonian Home Runs". You run out every hit and you run like your life depended on it.

The first pitch of game one of the Red Sox / Rays divisional series is at 8:00 tonight and the game will be on Fox Sports One (aka, FS1). The Announcers will be John Smoltz, Joe Davis and Ken Rosenthal.

You will notice that the name Alex Rodriquez does not appear in the list and for that I am grateful. The last person I want to ever hear call a Red Sox baseball game is Alex Rodriguez. The man is a putz.


I my town, there is a group calling themselves "Friends of Wilbraham Seniors, Inc" who are pushing hard to have the town build a new senior center.

As a guy who has lived in this town for 55 of my 63 years and is a bonafide "senior", I would just like to say, "WTF, who the hell is the fool that decided we need to spend $10,900,000.00 on a building where people can go play bingo?"

That's a lot of money for something that a lot of us don't really think we need. I would rather they fund a local van service that drives us old guys to the bars for a few beers with our friends and then drives us home again.

And that, my friends, is my humble and worthless opinion on our need for a Wilbraham Senior Center


Right now, the Astros, who I don't like, are leading the White Sox 6-0 in game one of their ALDS series.

Here are some links that you might find entertaining:

No comments: