Saturday, October 23, 2021

The baseball season is over for me

With last nights loss to the Astros, the Red Sox are officially on vacation.

All things considered, they were a hell of a good team that did way better than predicted.

In March, they were predicted to finish the season in 4th place, just ahead of the Orioles. Instead, they got a wildcard slot, beat the Yankees in the one-game wildcard playoff, then they beat the Rays in the ALDS and finally, made a hell of a good showing against the Astros in the ALCS.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Next year, I think they will be better than this year. They have three free agents: Eduardo Rodriguez, Adam Ottavino and Jose Iglesias.

Rodriguez is going to want too much money for his skill so they'll probably pass on him. I suspect he won't be terribly hard to replace.

Ottavino may want to come back just because he seemed to like it here and I suspect they may get him to sign for a reasonable salary.

What I really hope happens is they sign Iglesias to a two year deal.

Pitchers and catchers report in about 115 days...


We went pumpkin picking today and man, the pumpkin patch is kinda bare. I guess the crop yeild this year wasn't all that great because of the rain.

My wife and daughter were able to find some satisfactory pumpkins to decorate our front porch. That means that when all the little neighborhood ghouls and goblins make their appearance on Halloween, our house will appear appropriately festive.


No hockey and no football tonight but the golf channel is replaying the LPGA BMW Championship. Maybe I'll watch that. Or maybe I'll burn through some DVRs.

While I do that, you can do these:

No comments: