Sunday, October 17, 2021

Busy day

I spent a few hours at the range with my daughter and her shiny new firearm.

Time for me to brag - My daughter is a hell of a good shot.

This is a 10 round magazine from about 40 feet:

Those rings have diameters of 7 inches, 5 inches, 3 inches and the center bullseye is 1 inch. If you zoom in and count the shots, you'll find all ten found the target in a grouping of about 3 inches.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

After we got home, I charged and seated bullets in 50 rounds of 9mm so that when we decide to go again, I have ammo available.

And speaking of reloading, I met a guy who tells me he has small pistol primers. Since he no longer reloads pistol, he's willing to pass them on to me. When I asked him what he wanted for them, he said, "Nah, don't worry about it."

So if he comes through, I may end up with a component that is almost impossible to find right now.

All-in-all, it was a good day at the range.


The Patriots lost a hell of a game today.

The Patriots led through most of the game but the Cowboys managed to tie it up in the fourth, sending the game into sudden-death overtime.

The Patriots won the toss and took the ball to start the 10 minute period. Unfortunately, they couldn't do anything with it were forced to punt. The Cowboys took over and with a few minutes left in the period, they scored a touchdown, ending the game with the Cowboys winning 35-29.

Like I said to Pat the other day, I'm not expecting wins, I'm expecting them to play well and they did.

Jones continues to impress me and since I look at this season as his "learning" season, I anticipate that the Patriots will lose but not get blown out. And so far, they haven't gotten blown out. Every loss has been a 3-5 point loss.

Next season will be their winning season.


Now I'm going to sit back and watch some 60 minutes simply because I want to hear what Robert Gates has to say about Goofy Joe.

While I do that, you can do these:

No comments: