Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Game 4 tonight

I read a comment from an Astro's fan on the Astro's sub-reddit. They wrote:
    We are 1-0 when they don't hit a grand slam.
    We are 0-2 when they do hit a grand slam.
    We just need to stop them from hitting grand slams!
The Red Sox kicked the Astro's ass last night and I ws awake to see most of the kicking. I made it through six innings and when I went to bed, the score was 9-3 Red Sox.

When I woke up, I found out the final score was 12-3 Red Sox.

Rodriguez was on fire last night, going six excellent innings. He was striking out batters and making some of the best hitters in the MLB look like little leaguers. I didn't see any of the bullpen but a check of the box score shows that Robles, Perez and Sawamura came in and gave up zero hits.

For the record, anytime the bullpen gives up zero hits, it's a good thing.

Pivetta takes the mound tonight. Hopefully he is also on fire and stops the Astro's from stepping on home plate.


I'm going to get into my sweats and settle in to watch some baseball. As a matter of fact, I'm so happy with the way the Red Sox are playing, I'm going to watch those blathering baseball guys on NESN talk for the half hour before the game starts.

Here are some links:

UPDATE!


Apparently my youngest is at tonight's game:

I am, as always, the proud dad.

No comments: