Friday, October 29, 2021

Not sure about the Bruins

After last nights loss to the Hurricanes, Cassidy gave his post-game interview and he did not sound optimistic. As a matter of fact, he sounded like maybe he was genuinely concerned about the quality of play the team is capable of.

Now maybe I'm reading a bit more into his words than he intended but he definitely wasn't happy.

In my opinion, they actually played a pretty good game. Yea, they got some offensive kinks to work out and Hall needs to become the shooter he used to be but all-in-ll, I thought the defense was outstanding. Swayman held his own and made some decent saves.

Today was a travel day and they're off tonight. Tomorrow, they will be hosting the Panthers in Boston. Hopefully they make up for that loss the other night.


Several years ago, my eldest and I went to a "gun show" to see if there was anything worth buying. We spent about 20 minutes there before leaving as fast as we could.

The shear volume of body odor alone was enough to drive us away but it was more than that. It was the level of craziness that we saw. People wandering in off the street wearing their firearms like it was Dodge City in the 1800s. People driving trucks with 4' x 8' signs in the back proclaiming that it was time to force Obama from office. Guys waving guns around with their fingers on the trigger like there was no possibility that the weapon might be loaded.

I swore I would never set foot in one of those "shows" again...

Well, tomorrow I'm setting foot in one.

Due to the shortage of reloading components, I have no choice but to go and see if any one of those nutcases might be selling primers and bullets. It is my intention to get there at opening and make one sweep of the floor. If I find what I'm looking for, I'll buy it and leave. If I don't find what I'm looking for, I'll leave.

Those people are the reason I think firearms licenses are a good idea...


Time to make some dinner and crash on my couch to watch a little bit of the World Series.

While I do that, you can do these:

No comments: