Monday, January 24, 2022

Brady almost did it

Brady almost pulled off one of those miracles he was famous for when he was playing for the Patriots.

The Buccaneers tied the game 27-27 with 46 seconds remaining on the clock and everyone on the planet assumed the game was going in to overtime because there was no way the Rams could move the ball to the end zone in 46 seconds.

Well, everyone that is except the Rams.

In what I would describe as one of the greatest marches down field I've seen in a long time, the Rams took 41 seconds and four snaps to move the ball to the 12 yard line. At this point there were only only 5 seconds left on the clock.

The kicker came out, both teams lined up on the line of scrimmage, the ball was snapped and he put it through the uprights to win the game 30-27.

As for the Bills/Chiefs game, what can I say. That was also a great game to watch that actually ended up in sudden-death overtime.

Regulation ended with a tie at 36-36. The Chiefs won the toss and elected to receive. It took them seven snaps and just over 4 minutes to move the ball across the goal line and win the game 42-36.

Next Sunday should be an exciting day of football.


I decided to start SSL on my web server because, well, I like encryption. Problem is, I don't have an SSL cetificate.

Instead of paying some certificate authority $50.00 for a cert, I generated a self-signed certificate, installed it on the server, opened 443 and tried it out.

Did you know that chrome hates self-signed certs? Don't feel bad, I didn't either. But I know now.

It was a miserable failure because there really is no modern browser that will allow a websurfer to access a secure website that is secured by a self-signed certificate.

Guess I'll just keep it as a unencrypted website since it really doesn't have any content anyways.


Yes, there is hockey tonight. Yes, the game will be shown on my tv.

You might want to click on these links:

No comments: