Saturday, January 1, 2022

Let's hope 2022 is better than 2021.

I'm sick and tired of covid.

I'm sick and tired of politics.

I'm sick and tired of government authorities blaming cops for enforcing the laws passed by government authorities.

I'm sick and tired of being told what to do and when to do it by government authorities who have no idea what it's like to be me.

I really hope that the coming year has less of the above.

A lot less.


Is it just me or has anyone else notice there are suddenly a shitload of television commercials for "mental health" places, apps, processes, drugs, whatever?

I realize that our society seems to have lost its collective mind and those commercials are put out by individuals looking to capitalize on our kookiness but the sheer number of television commercials seems like maybe some of them are scams looking to take advantage of people at their lowest.

There is nothing wrong with telling someone you need some help or guidance. If you are depressed, feeling anxious, hearing weird voices, seeing invisible demons, generally out of sorts or just feeling like maybe you should talk to someone, start by talking to your doctor. They can recommend a reputable agency or person who you can talk to about things.

Don't seek help from someone trying to sell you a product on a 30 second television commercial. Ron Popeil, Crazy Eddie Antar and Billy Mays made millions selling people products they didn't need.

Hell, if you just want to talk to someone, I'll be happy to talk to you, no charge. I might not help you with whatever might by troubling you but I'll at least try to make you laugh.

Then I'll tell you to make an appointment with your primary care physician.


One hundred years ago, Jack Torrance got a special invitation to attend the New Years celebration at the Overlook Hotel.


Here are some links to start the year:

No comments: