Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Did you place your order?

I ordered my four government-supplied covid test kits this afternoon but I don't have high hopes about ever receiving them.
The first indication of potential problems came when I discovered that the kits are ordered through the USPS. According to the media, the US Postal Service is in a world of hurt.

Then, the webpage confirming my order said:
Well, it took them two hours to send me an order confirmation email.

Lastly, it's the U.S. Post Office. The guy running it, DeJoy, is a Trump lackey who Goofy Joe has been trying to get rid of since he took office. Dejoy would love nothing more than to make Biden look bad.

On the upside of things, the state was able to fold, spindle and mutilate enough of my records to put together my vaccination record.

I am now one of the cool kids with my very own digital vaccination passport.


I'm still working on some top secret projects.

The first project is still awaiting some much-needed testing by the two people that will be using it. I'm not ready to call it complete until they both say they can do it at the same time.

The second project is one for me and it's not terribly top secret.

Over the last year, we have been working with lawyers, banks, financial people, etc... taking care of some personal business. One problem we continuously run into is send large document via email. Our email provider caps us at the ridiculously low file size of 3 meg and trust me, when you are sending a 12 page pdf of a signed and scanned document, it's a lot bigger than 3 meg.

So anyways, I now have a http server running that I can load documents on to and send just a link to the recipient. They can then click the link and download the document, no matter how big it is.


There is hockey this evening. The Bruins are taking on the Hurricanes at 7:00 and I will be watching.

While I'm doing that, you might want to visit these links:

No comments: