Wednesday, January 5, 2022

There is failure all about

I tried porting my top-secret project over to a cheap little Raspberry Pi and so far, it's been a fiasco.

What worked so well on the old DELL box running Ubuntu server in my basement has gone to shit on the RPi. I can't even get the damned server working correctly, never mind the top-secret crap.

As always, I will endeavor to persevere and get this thing working. People are counting on me...


This summer I bought a replacment idler pulley for the mowing deck on my lawn tractor. I took the deck off the tractor, flipped it over, removed the damaged pulley and put the new one on. My lawnmower has been fine since then.

Amazon, however, seems to think I need more idler pulleys so they keep sending me emails like this one telling my to buy more. Lots more...


The Bruins managed to win last nights hockey game and I managed to stay awake to see all three periods.

The Bruins and the Devils traded lead through the first two periods but the Bruins owned the ice during the third period and the game ended with the Bruins up 5-3

They are now in the number two wild card slot, five points behind the Penguins and one point ahead of the Red Wings.

They are off tonight and pick it up again tomorrow when they play the Wild at 7:00.

I will once again attempt to remain awake for all three periods.


She really wants to get up on the fireplace mantle.
I yell at her but she looks at me and gives me one of those cat looks that says, "What? I'm not doing anything! You're hallucinating old man."

I suspect that one of these days, we will come home to find several shattered knicknacks on the ground in front of the fireplace and a cat sound asleep where that clock is currently located...


Time to make some dinner and watch some bad television.

Here are some links:

No comments: