Thursday, January 6, 2022

January 6th

The internet is filled with stories about what happened at the US Capitol one year ago. And when I say stories, I mean stories. There is no news about it, just stories.

Depending on who you read or listen to, the event that happened one year ago was nothing more than a peaceful protest being held by loyal Americans who were concerned that their chosen leader had been cheated out of his rightful place.

or...

The event that happened one year ago was a violent attack conducted by domestic terrorists on United States of America simply because their cult leader ordered them to attack.

Listen, I wasn't there. I can't tell you what happened because I don't believe anything the media tells me. I'm one of those guys that if I don't see it, I don't believe it.

What I do know is that a whole bunch of people, some dressed like the lead character in Rambo 2, some dressed like the background characters in Dueling Banjos, some dressed like all the characters in the movie The Green Berets and some who were dressed like tribal leaders of the plains Indians during the 1800s, trespassed on the grounds and in the facility known as The US Capitol Building. One person died at the scene, another died shortly after. There were some injuries.

I also know that the attack came shortly after the president of the United States made a speech where he said, "And we fight. We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore." followed by "So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I love Pennsylvania Avenue. And we’re going to the Capitol, and we’re going to try and give."

Did Trump order his followers to attack the Capital? That depends on how you interpret those two statements he made at the end of his speech.

Was the crowd at the Capital any more or less violent than the BLM protestors across the country? I don't know, I wasn't at any of those either. Based on what I saw on the nightly news, it sure seems like the Capital protestors weren't any more or less violent than the BLM protestors. The only difference here is that no one is talking or writing about all the violence that took place in Seattle, New York, Chicago, etc... but they sure are talking about the violence that happened in Washington DC.

I guess the citizens of the country aren't as important as the bureaucrats of the country...


The Bruins take on the Wild this evening at 7:00 so I've got that to look forward to.

While I do that, you can do these:

No comments: