Wednesday, March 2, 2022

China has entered the fray.

Yesterday, while checking the log files on my webserver, I found this something interesting. I copied the log file to my laptop and loaded it into excel. This is what I found:
Make note that I hid rows 8 through 95 because they all say the same thing.

Those 102 hits took less than a minute from 7:02pm to 7:03pm.

A quick check shows that 123.115.113.153 is registered to an network in Beijing China:

Since the average citizen in China does not have open access to the internet, it's a pretty good bet that the attacker is state-sponsored. In other words, the Chinese government that is trying to hack my little server.


The Bruins lost last night but the Capitals were off. That means the Bruins maintain their 3 point lead over the Capitals in the wild card.

Tomorrow, the Bruins are in Vegas to play the Golden Knights. The game starts at 9:00 so maybe I'll get to watch the first period.

And if you believe that, I have a bridge in New York I'd like to sell you...


According to the FBI Uniformed Crime Statistics, there were 17,754 people killed by a firearm in 2020 (the latest year for which the statistics are available). This is why people are outraged, and rightfully so, over the use of guns in this country.

According to this report from the National Safety Council, 46,000 people were killed by a motor vehicle in 2021. That is two and a half times as many people killed by cars as by guns.

Where is the outrage over those deaths? Where are the speeches about “car violence” from our political leaders? Where are the stories about "car violence" in the media? Where is the call to ban certain cars based on their color or shape?

If someone ever figures out what is going on in this world, please let me know.


Here are some links for you:

No comments: