Friday, March 4, 2022

They're bombing nuclear power plants

The morons from Russia decided it would be a good idea to attack a nuclear power plant and damn near caused a catastrophe.

This act has caused NATO to spin up and start making statements about defending itself from Russia and accusing Russia of war crimes.

I have two thoughts on this.

1) Yes, Russia is guilty of war crimes. Then again, so is the United States. Remember late last year when we used a drone to blow up a family of five who just wanted to go get some water? Yea, that was pretty damned criminal if you ask me. Is it worse that Russia attacked a nuclear facility? Yea, in the long run, it's probably a lot worse and they should be thought of as criminals.

2) All this saber rattling and waving around of nuclear bombs is bad. Very bad. I lived through the 60s and 70s. I remember doing "duck and cover" drills in school where we were taught that the only thing capable of withstanding a nuclear blast is whatever that crap is they make school desks out of.

If the sirens go off (or whatever the modern equivalent is that tells us the end is near), I'm going to grab a pack of cigarettes, a six pack of beer and a folding chair. I'm going to get as close to Westover as I can, light up a smoke, crack open a beer and spend my last few minutes on this earth enjoying the light show when the bombs go off. Either that or I'm going to stock up on ammo and prepare to defend my family.

Not sure which yet.


I'm going to get creative with some web stuff in the next few weeks simply because when it comes to learning something, actually doing it is the best way to learn it.

I'm going to start with a simple login screen that stores one-way hashed passwords in mysql database. I want to see if I can create a secure storage repository. After that, maybe some crude/rudimentary storage repository that makes sharing large files a lot simpler and more secure.

Hey, it's either that or I'm going to start hanging out in bars because I really need something to take the place of baseball.


Speaking of baseball, it looks like the commissioner, Robert Manfred, won't be attending any baseball games in Kalamazoo, MI.

It's beginning to look more and more like we won't be seeing any MLB games in the near future. Both sides are busy blaming the other side for being stubborn and neither side is willing to talk about what they want.

In the meantime, all us baseball fans get to sit around and pray that NESN is smart enough to carry Worcester Red Sox games instead of reruns of old Charlie Moore episodes.


Time to make some dinner and then watch some bad television.

You can check these out if you want:

No comments: