Tuesday, March 29, 2022

I was a little busy today

I'm trying to create something for the HR team at work and it's driving me nuts.

When something drives me nuts, I tend to hyper-focus on it in an effort to resolve it and get it working. That means I wasn't looking for interesting stuff for you.

Also, I was able to stream the WEEI-AM radio broadcast of the Red Sox / Pirates game (the Red Sox lost) so that had my attention.

It's nice I can multi-task.

⧫

U.S. Secretary of State, Anthony Winken-Blinken-and-Nod, made a statement today that I kinda liked.

Russia announced it was going to "reduce attacks on Kyiv" because, well, they're nice guys...

Blinken came out and said, "What I can say is this: There is what Russia says, and there is what Russia does."

That is a very diplomatic way of saying "I call bullshit."

⧫

Key phrase in this story: "If Trump is a 2.8 handicap, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter.”

For the record, I count at least 6 lies in that story.

Let’s count them, shall we:
  1. “Scored a hole in one”
  2. “Many people are asking”
  3. “it is 100% true“
  4. “sailed magnificently into a rather strong wind”
  5. “it bounced twice and then went clank, into the hole”
  6. “I am a very modest individual”
That man is so far removed from reality it's freakin' scary.

⧫

There will be hockey this evening as the Bruins take on the Maple Leafs. If the Bruins win, they will once again be in the divisional race.

While I watch the game, you can visit these:

No comments: