Sunday, March 20, 2022

Four in a row

The Red Sox beat the Orioles 3-2 this afternoon. That gives them a record of 4-0

And because I like to keep track of these kinds of things, the Yankees lost to the Tigers today, giving them a record of 0-1-2. Allow me to translate that record for you: That is zero wins, one tie and two losses.

In other baseball news, the Red Sox have agreed to a contract with a guy named Trevor Story.

I gotta be honest with you, since he used to play in the National League for the Rockies, I don't recall ever seeing him play. I can tell you that he is regarded as one of the premier short stops in the MLB. Since the Red Sox already have a highly-rated short stop in Bogaerts, I understand that Story will transition to second base.

I hope this works out for all concerned because of he is as good as they say, the Red Sox will have a devastating lineup in the batters box and a wall in the infield. With Devers at third, Bogaerts at short, Story at second and Dalbec at first, it should be fun to watch.

Add to that the fact they have Verdugo, Hernandez and Bradley Jr in the outfield and I have high hopes that they will once again be playing baseball this coming October.


I found a dead hawk lying in the middle of our side yard this morning and the first thought that crossed my mind was, 'Well, I guess those owls don't like hawks very much." Then I realized there are no trees near where it lay and it looked like it just fell out of the sky.

Now I'm wondering if maybe we are seeing that damned H5N1 bird flu.

We're gonna jump from one pandemic to another...


Spring has arrived and that means it's time to change the oil in all my machines and get ready for summer.

Tomorrow I will start every one of my machines and let it idle for 10 or 15 minutes. That will heat up the oil and make it flow faster. Then I will proceed to drain the oil out of each engine and all over my garage floor because that is always what happens.

Despite my best efforts, I usually end up with oil on my garage floor. Sometimes, lots of oil. Fortunately I'm fully aware of my standard oil change process and I have a lot of kitty litter on hand.


Time to make some dinner and settle in to watch some bad television.

You can enjoy these if you want:

No comments: