Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Time for an about-face

Those of you that have been reading this drivel for the last several years know that I do not care for Willard "Look at my hair! I have perfect hair! And I'm very wealthy!" Romney. I think he is an arrogant, self-centered egotist. Also he's the dick that took away my god-given right to smoke in a bar so screw him and everyone that looks like him.

Having said that, I do have to give credit where credit is due.

Back in 2012, during the heat of the presidential campaign, Willard was interviewed by Blitz Howitzer and he made some interesting statements. Statements that the other arrogant, self-centered egotist in the campaign, Barack "I'm black and I'm president! Cops are dumb!" Obama used against him to make him look like a moron.

If you read that interview, you'll see that Romney claimed that Russia was probably the greatest threat the US faced. This statement was made just as Putin was assuming power.

Turns out that in that particular instance, Romney might have been the smartest guy in the room and Obama was a bully belittling Romney for being correct.


Speaking of politics, I figure it's time for me to once again present you with the greatest quote ever regarding our two political parties:
    The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy.

    The Republicans, on the other hand, would know how to fix your tire, but they wouldn't bother to stop because they'd want to be on time for Ugly Pants Night at the country club.

    - Dave Barry
For the record, Dave is my literary hero.


In baseball news, the executive leadership at NESN either reads this blog or they are smarter than I give them credit for.

I checked the tv listing page again today and it now shows that the Red Sox / Twins spring training game will be shown at 1:00pm on March 17th.

I like to think it's because they read my blog.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to take credit for NESN deciding to show the first Red Sox spring training game of 2022 instead of some Benny and Jilly rerun.


Time to figure out what to have for dinner and maybe do some more work on my non-existent web site. After that I'll probably fall asleep on my couch while watching the first period of the Bruins / Black Hawks game.

Enjoy these links:

No comments: