Saturday, January 14, 2017

Finally got some flying in

I managed to reserve a plane for 11:00 this morning and amazingly enough, the weather held up for me. Pat joined me for today's little excursion and managed to get some pictures. I'm not sure how they came out but if he sends them to me, I'll post them.

I can't find a record of our actual flight track from the FAA. Sometimes they take a few days to put it out. Sometimes they never put it out at all.

Since there is no official record, here's an artists rendering of our little jaunt created using Google maps and their distance measuring tool:

As you can see, we headed out over the Quabbin, up to Orange, over to Brattleboro and then back to Northampton.

All-in-all, we spent just over an hour in the air and it was a nice smooth flight. Pat seemed to enjoy it and I managed to stick the landing without any unnecessary bumps.


I think there is some kind of sports contest on this evening. I'm pretty sure it involves a ball and some feet. I'm probably going to watch that.

While I do that, you can visit these links:

No comments: