Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The RMV no longer sucks

I didn't think it was possible but my wife received an email from the RMV that the title to my daughters car is being sent our address within the next few days.

I'm still not gonna hold my breath because it is the state of Massachusetts after all and if there is one thing I know, this state government can screw things up better than any other state government.

Another reason I won't hold my breath is because not only did they send an email, they also called the house at 2:15, as promised.

Yes sir, the phone rang at 2:15 and the caller ID said MassDOT. I answered it and was greeted by a computer voice saying that if I still wanted to talk to someone I should press 3. Since I'm a nice guy, I decided to press 3 and tell the person I spoke to that we were all set and thanks for calling us back.

I pressed 3 and I was immediately....

....put on hold.

I listened to the very bad on hold music for about 10 minutes and then I hung up.

Massachusetts state government motto: We're number one in screwing stuff up.

And for the record, we discovered how the RMV ended up with Colchester, VT as my daughters mailing address.

When my daughter turned 21, she stopped in Greenfield on her way home and renewed her drivers license. They took her picture and said, "We'll send this to Wilbraham when it's ready!" and she said, "Can you send it to me at college?" They said "Sure!" and that's how her college address became her official mailing address.


I spent most of the day searching for the perfect job. Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion there is no such thing.

I'll keep moving forward and looking. If I don't find the perfect job, I'm going to at least find a great job. If I don't find a great job, I'll find a good job. If I don't find a good job, I'll re-evaluate my choices and start over.


Here are today's links:

No comments: