Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Too damned windy

I let The Dog out at 4:00 this morning and the wind was blowing like a hurricane. I went back to bed for two more hours and by 6:00, things had calmed down a bit.

As a matter of fact, it was calmed down enough that I actually thought I might get some flying in today. I mean, what the hell, my grill cover was still in place and the tree that started leaning a few weeks ago was still standing so maybe the winds weren't that bad.

Then I checked the winds aloft report....

When I check the winds aloft at 6:30 this morning, Bradley reported winds at 56 knots at 3,000 feet. When I checked this afternoon at 2:00, they were down to a nice calm 26 knots.

For those of you that don't know how to use google to convert knots to miles per hour, let me point out that 26 knots is around 30 mph.

I like to fly, not get my ass kicked all over the sky.


I've decided to help the city of Springfield renew itself and once again be the shining star it once was. I created a couple of bumper stickers to help start things off.

#1:

#2:

I'm always willing to help out where I can...


You can check these links out:

No comments: