Friday, January 27, 2017

There. I fixed it.

There is nothing that can't be fixed with a screw and some tape....


In case you can't figure it out, that is a picture of what happened to my laptop when the hinge cracked. I put a screw into the tie-down slot and then stuck a piece of tape over it. That screw is really all that is holding the top and bottom of the shell together.

And I use the word "together" only in the loosest sense.

Other than that, the damned thing runs like a champ so like I said yesterday, I'm in no hurry to replace it. I'll wait until I have a steady income rolling in before I make an investment.

As for this laptop, I got my money's worth out of it. It was purchased when my youngest was a senior in high school. He graduated last year so it's about 5 or 6 years old and I have no complaints.


Would you like to know why I dislike Windows 10? It's because Microsoft is slipping things into it that I don't want.

For instance, three or four days ago, I suddenly started getting popups telling me to log into my OneDrive account.

I don't have a OneDrive account.

I couldn't figure out what started causing this and today I went through the installed applications on my laptop and found that on January 24, an application called OneDrive was installed on my machine.

I did not ask for that application, I did not authorize the installation of that application and I certainly don't want that application.

Hey Microsoft! I uninstalled your stupid program! Stop putting things on my computer, ya big wankers.


Here are some links that you can use to entertain yourself:

No comments: