Tuesday, March 7, 2017

And the painting is no longer done.

I finished the walls and after they dried, I spent several moments scanning them with a squinty eye. I found several spots that I failed to adequately apply a liberal coating of paint. I also found several places where there were defects in the wall that I failed to repair with plaster.

Also, I took the old light down at the start of the project but I didn't remove the hardware that attached it to the wall box. I decided to take that old hardware down this afternoon and wouldn't you know it but there was some old dried paint on it that ripped off a chuck of the wall when I pulled it down. I had to patch that hole as well as two small nail holes I found.

I smoothed the plaster with a damp sponge so I don't have to sand it when it dries. That means that tomorrow I can paint over the plaster spots and the places with old paint showing through.

I'm not going to put the new light up until Friday because I want the paint to harden so it doesn't adhere to the fixture.


Fortunately WEEI FM carried the game today so I was able to drag my old portable radio up from my workbench and listen to the Red Sox beat the Nationals.

Unfortunately, they aren't carrying tomorrows game so I'm back to checking the score on the internets by looking at cartoon characters. Which is too bad because they are playing the Mets and Tim Tebow will be the Mets DH.


While I search for bad television to watch this evening, you can click on these links:

No comments: