Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The saga continues

I tried once again to use the TSP to remove the paste. I worked on the same spot I worked on yesterday thinking to myself that maybe it would work the way everyone said it should work the second time around.

It didn't work any better than the first time around.

Then I tried using the steamer to remove the paste from the walls and as luck would have it, it actually worked. There were no caustic skin burns and when the wall dried, it was clean & smooth, ready for paint.

So now that I have an approach to removing this stuff, I hope to have the walls clean and ready for paint next week. Or maybe the week after. We'll see.

The steamer only covers an area of about one square foot so I steam for a bit, move the steamer and hold it in a new spot while I scrape the steamed area with the scraper. Then I clean off the scraper, move the steamer to a new spot and scrape the steamed area.. Like it used to say on a shampoo bottles - Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

And just so you know, this is all a juggling act. I have to hold the steamer against the wall with one hand while I scrape the paste and then wipe the scraper clean with the other hand.

This is gonna take a long time but since I'm not working, I have plenty of time to do this job the right way.


You should click on these:

No comments: