Monday, March 6, 2017

I'd forgotten how "cool" the Rat Pack was.

The Sundance Channel has been running both version of the movie Oceans 11. Last night was the recent one with George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon and Julia Roberts and this afternoon was the original one with Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr and Angie Dickinson.

I'd forgotten how "hip and cool" the rat pack was. They drank like fish, wore fancy suits, burst into song at a moments notice and they all smoked unfiltered cigarettes with style.

Frank wore sport coats and drank scotch.
Dean wore fitted suits with a handkerchief in the breast pocket and no tie.
Sammy wore loose fitting suits and danced on tables.
Angie was along for eye-candy and she knew it.

While I like the one from 2001 better than the one from 1960, I do think the characters were much cooler in the first one.


I had to re-caulk the tub because upon further review, using clear caulk was a mistake. I had to strip it out, go to the store to buy some white caulk, re-tape the seams and finally caulk them.

Once that was done, I was able to start the painting. I taped all the trim & edges and set about doing the part of any painting job that I hate doing - edging and trimming.

I called it a day once all the edges were done and decided that I would attack the walls tomorrow. Since I'll be using a roller and all the edging is already done, it should take me about 2 or 3 hours to finish the painting.

If I hold true to my prediction, I should have all the new fixtures up, the tank back on the toilet bowl and the shower doors all cleaned and back up on their rails well before my Saturday deadline


While I try to get my back straightened out, you should click on these:

No comments: