Thursday, March 30, 2017

One wall done

I have completely cleaned all of the paste and sizing of of one wall. It takes a lot of time to steam the paste, scrape it and move on but I managed to figure out how to eliminate the juggling part.

I took a piece of wood and attached it to my ladder with a c-clamp. Then I hung a small plastic bucket off the wood. When I need to clean the paste off the scrape, I scrape it off on the piece of wood and it drops into the bucket.

No more juggling.


I am going against the norm here by saying this but I gotta give Charter / Spectrum kudos for the work they did today on my cable setup.

For the last month, I've had some pretty bad pixelation going on as well as audio drop out. I contacted Charter and they sent a technician to my house this afternoon.

He showed up on time and found the problem within about 5 minutes. He found that one of my coax cables was worn through and rubbing against a baseboard heater. This was acting like a big antenna and introducing a lot of noise into my system.

He replaced the line and then proceeded to go through my entire system, replacing the cable ends with new ones and removing all the splitters that fed all the various network-connected devices. He replaced all those splitters with a single powered signal amplifier with 8 ports.

After several hours of watching the channels that were the worse, I can honestly say things are fixed.

Good job Spectrum.


This evening was dinner at Outback followed by a Costco trip.

While I digest, you can click on these:

No comments: