Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Quiet day

I'm trying to start a new project at our house and that means some prep work. I've been touching up some stains on the ceiling below our master bath that are the result of a small leak we had in our shower. The best thing for that job is an oil-based stain-blocking paint and the best one for this particular job is Kilz.

Kilz is a great product but when you are using it on your ceiling above your hardwood floors, you have to be careful about drips. The last thing you want to have happen is to get Kilz on a oak floor. It won't come off cleanly and if it happens to penetrate the wood, even sanding won't get rid of it.

So that means I'm in take-your-time mode with the prep work. Once the stains are completely obliterated, I'll paint the ceiling and then I'll rip down the wall paper. Unless my wife changes her mind again and we decide to leave the wall paper up.

Either way, I'm taking my time with the ceiling.


Here is the video from yesterdays full-stall landing:

As you can see, Pat got bounced around a bit while filming that.

For the record, my next landing was just fine. As a matter of fact, my instructor was with a student waiting in the keyhole (the semi-circle at the end of the runway) when I landed and he said, "That was a pretty good landing. You must have had a great instructor!"

He's a good guy. If you decide to take flying lessons, let me know and I'll introduce you to him.

Also, here's a picture Pat took while we were searching for the tornado scar.

That is Mt Greylock, the highest peak in Massachusetts.


The Red Sox are playing the Yankees at 6:30 and NESN is carrying the game.

While I watch that, you can do whatever you want:

No comments: