Saturday, March 4, 2017

I'm in full "honey-do list" mode

My wife has decided that it's time to re-do the room we call "the kids bathroom" That means I need to scrap, patch, paint, caulk and then replace all the fixtures. She would like this project completed before my daughter comes home on spring break.

That's next Saturday.

So today we spent a good three hours staring at paint chips and light fixtures at Home Depot until my wife was able to finally say those magic words, "Okay, I like this one". This afternoon, I removed all the fixtures, scraped all lose paint, patched the holes in the walls and scraped all the old silicon caulking from around the bathtub.

I'll give the plaster a day to harden and tomorrow afternoon will be spent sanding the walls and caulking around the tub.

Once I'm happy with the walls and the caulking has dried, I'll have four days to paint the walls and put up the new fixtures.

You would think I would be able to complete this project well within that four day time frame but you might be wrong.

I have The Dog and he likes to help.

He likes to help by running his tail up against the freshly painted wall.

I love my dog.


The Red Sox lost to the Pirates today but it was still a pretty good game because it was on NESN which means I got to watch some of it.

Tomorrow they're playing the Braves again and NESN will be carrying that game as well.


You can visit these links if you want to:

No comments: