Sunday, March 26, 2017

Let the fun begin

I was going to paint the edges of the ceiling today but when I poked at a piece of wallpaper to peel it back away from the ceiling edge, the whole sheet came down. I moved to the next sheet and it also peeled right off.

So I decided to strip the walls and bag up all the paper for trash day.

The guy that hung the paper in that room 25 years ago did an outstanding job. The walls were patched, painted and sized correctly which made removal a simple act of picking at an edge and then peeling the paper off.

Oh, and the guy that did it was Johns dad. He was retired and doing side jobs to keep busy. He offered to do the job while at the same time keeping an eye on my extremely pregnant wife who was carrying our daughter.

I sent John a text this afternoon telling him to thank his dad for making my life easy.

So anyways, the wallpaper is down and the ceiling is painted. Next up will be washing the walls to soften and remove the sizing/paste that was left behind. That little task is probably going to take several days but when I'm done, I expect the walls to be ready for a nice coating of paint.


You should click on these links:

No comments: