Monday, June 15, 2020

Odd power blip this afternoon

Years ago, when we first moved into this neighborhood, I could pretty much guarantee when we would have a power outage.
  • The wind is blowing more than 10mph? Power outage.
  • It's raining? Power outage.
  • It's snowing? Lengthy power outage.
  • It's hot? Also a lengthy power outage.
  • Freddy down the street bought a new refrigerator? We'll be back in the stone age before power gets restored.
Then, about 10 year ago, the power company got sick and tired of fixing all the power outages out this way so they began the process of upgrading our power lines and transformers. Don't get me wrong, they weren't making it a priority but at least they were fixing the problem areas.

Then, about 9 years ago, the October Snowstorm hit and we were without power for 9 - 10 days. That was when they finally got serious about finishing the upgrades.

We have been pretty stable since then.

Sure, we still have power losses but only when there is a bad storm in the area. It's rare that we have a power outage that makes me go, "Huh? Wonder what caused that?"

Today we had an odd blip that made me say, "Huh... Wonder what caused that."

It was just enough to reset all the clocks to blinking 12:00 mode and turn on all my smart lights. The lights, by default, turn themselves on whenever power is lost and then restored.

I don't mind the lights being turned on because those are easy to turn off but resetting all the clocks is a pain in the ass.

As for what caused it, beats me. No wind, no rain, no heat, no nothing. It was perfect day and there was no reason for the power to go out.

Unless Freddy bought another new refrigerator....


I don't want to say she is lazy but she's the only dog I've ever seen who lays down to eat breakfast...


Here are some links you can visit while I watch old baseball and old hockey:

No comments: