Monday, June 1, 2020

Working part time means

I have more time to do things like paint walls.

Now that my daughter is back with us for a while, she and her mom are in the process of making sure this is her home. That means doing things that make her comfortable.

For instance, the room we have always called "the playroom" is now called "the den" and it is her space for her stuff. All her video stuff, all her crafting stuff, and all her pet stuff.

Another example is her bedroom. The last time her bedroom was decorated, she was a highschool student. She is now 10 years older and tastes have changed.

So today was painting day.

After my daughter went to work at the clinic to do her critter doctorin' and I settled into my home office, my wife went upstairs and did all the edging on three of the walls. After I finished working, I went upstairs and rolled a nice coating of paint on the three walls. Several hours later, after the walls had dried, we applied a second coat and, ta-da, the three walls are done.

After those walls have had a good 5-7 days for the paint to cure, we'll tape off the corners and paint the fourth wall with a different color. That will finish the painting project. After that it's decorating and she is a happy camper.


I'm going to watch a 31 year old hockey game and then a 13 year old baseball game.

While I do that, you can click on these:

No comments: