Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Still no rain.

This morning, the weather dweebs all said the same thing: "Chance of scattered thunderstorms today".

They lied.

My lawn is a nice brown color and the closest we came to a "scattered thunderstorm" was when a small line of storms passed through Connecticut and up into Boston.

Oh well.


I've noticed something the other day. The media has begun to capitalize the word "black" when they are referring to someone. They never did this before.

I'm no English major but I do know a little bit about the basics. In most cases, adjectives are not capitalized unless they are used to identify a person.

The best way to explain it is that the word "American" is a descriptive word, a.k.a. an adjective, but since it is used to identify someone, it is capitalized. The word "happy" is a descriptive word but it isn't used to identify anyone, it is used to modify a description, as in, "She is a happy person". We don't capitalize the word "happy".

When used in the sentence, "My friend Willie is not only Black, he is also an American and he is generally a pretty happy guy", the words Willie, Black and American should be capitalized because they are identifying my buddy Willie, who I understand retired in December and never told me, the SOB (Yes, SOB is capitalized because I'm using it to identify Willie).

I wonder why it took the media, which is made up of a shitload of alleged English majors, this long to start capitalizing the word black when it is used to identify a person or group? Could it have something to do with the current racial issues we are facing? Could it be that one of the reasons we have racial issues is because the media works hard to drive the narrative in this country and their narrative has always been formed around some kind of hidden agenda they have?

Just thought I'd ask to see if maybe someone had an answer...


I'm going to watch some old hockey, then some old baseball and then fall asleep.

You should visit these:

No comments: