Monday, June 8, 2020

Sometimes I think I'm a genius, other times I think I'm an idiot.

In mid April, I was poking around the stock market and I discovered that American Airlines stock was down from a February high of $30.00 a share to right about $10.00 a share.

Since I'm a genius, I decided to toss $100.00 into the pot and buy 10 shares.

Since I'm an idiot, I didn't go big.

I should have tossed $1,000.00 or 10,000.00 into the pot because as I type this, AAL is listed at $20.00 a share. I doubled my money in one month yet I am still only a hundredaire.

And once the 'rona paranoia is over with, I suspect AAL will surpass its February level of $30.00 a share, possibly to $35.00 or $40.00 a share.

I'm a brilliant idiot.


So it turns out the layer of paint underneath the top layer of paint is darker than the stuff I was able to get off.

Left is "before" and right is "after":

I have a feeling my neighbor is correct and I should just repaint it.


This evenings Red Sox game is from 9/10/99 when the Red Sox headed down to New York City to take on the Yankees. Spoiler alert, Pedro Martinez goes all nine innings and beats the Yankees.

While I watch that 21 year old baseball game and then a 16 year old hockey game, you can visit these:

No comments: