Monday, January 25, 2021

Death by a thousand paper cuts

Every winter, the skin on my fingers dries out. Most of the time it simply feels like the skin is made of sandpaper but every so often I get a split that is deep enough to bleed and let me tell you, those splits are like the worst paper cut ever.

Right now I have one on my left thumb and another on my right fore finger. It makes it interesting to do anything that requires the use of my fingertips, such as buttoning my shirt, tying my shoes or typing this crap.

In order to speed the healing of those splits, I put a little antiseptic ointment on them and then put a bandaid over it to keep the goop on the cut instead of all over my clothes.

So here's my problem.

I unlock my laptop using my fingerprint.

Specifically, I unlock it using the fingerprint on my right fore finger. This is a problem because there is a bandaid on my right fore finger. Actually, that's not the problem. The problem is that I don't remember the password to my laptop so I have to think about what it should be and try several before I get it right.

That, my friends, is a pain in the ass. It's like losing the remote to your TV. Instead of using one finger to change the channel, you now have to get up and walk over to the TV to change the channel.

This is what is known as a first-world problem.


The Chiefs won last nights game and the Bills were not happy with that.

The fourth quarter was made up almost entirely of personal fouls on the part of the Bills. There was a lot of shoving, a lot of late hits and a lot of outright attacks by the Bills but in my opinion, that is normal for them.

I've always thought the Bills were a shitty team with a shitty attitude and last night, they proved me right.

So anyways, Brady will face Mahomes in the Superb Owl on February 7th.

Let me tell you that for the first time in 30 years, Budweiser, Coke and Pepsi will not be advertising during the Superb Owl. I also understand that there are a lot of companies that won't be running traditional big-budget television spots during the game.

They claim it's because of covid but I suspect that some part of their decision has to do with the way the NFL has gone from a non-political form of entertainment to a very political, social-justice-warrior kind of platform and maybe, just maybe, companies don't want to get involved in that kind of bullshit.


Here's what I found for links:

No comments: