Saturday, January 23, 2021

I have forgotten everything I ever knew about linux

I've been trying to get my Raspberry Pi up and running as a small file server and I'll be damned if I can remember all the commands I need to remember. It's running and there is a hard drive attached to it but that's about it. The drive is not shared out over the network.

Admittedly, it's been almost 30 years since I did anything with unix but I was kind of hoping the commands would come back to me.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to find a distro that is stupid-usable and use whatever config tools it has built into it. Maybe ubuntu has a server distribution that someone as forgetful as me can get up and running without a lot of effort.


Yes, it's nice to be able to go places again. No, I did not go anyplace today.

Look, just because I can doesn't mean I have to.


There will be hockey this evening when the Bruins & the Flyers play game two of their two-game series. Since the game is on at a reasonable time (7:00pm), I will watch some or all of it.

Still no announcement about when the Red Sox pitchers and catchers will report to camp. Their first game is February 26th so I assume they will report at least 2 week before that game. That puts them around the 12th. Since they re-signed Martin Perez, they might actually have a functional bullpen.

As for football, tomorrow is the conference championships.

In the NFC, Aaron Rodgers & the Packers will take on Tom Brady & the Buccaneers at 3:00pm.

In the AFC, Patrick Mahomes & the Chiefs will take on Josh Allen & the Bills at 6:30

That is pretty much all the "sports" news I have for you.


I'm going to air fry some crab rangoons and then watch some hockey.

You can do whatever you want.

If what you want is links, here are a few:

No comments: