Monday, January 11, 2021

The rats are deserting the ship

Another one of Trump's cabinet secretaries has resigned. I believe that makes three.

In my opinion, all that proves is that we probaby don't need all those secretary-level positions to begin with.


One of the aspects of my job that I enjoy is figuring out how to let the business do business and still keep it protected. Today was one of those days that was a success

Several weeks ago, one of our vendors was breached and the hackers managed to download a database filled with data, some of it related to individuals related to the college. Fortunately, we did not store any private data in that particular database and as such, none of our folks were exposed to any potential problems. But one thing became clear - we needed a well-defined response plan for any future incidents.

So I wrote one.

It took me several weeks to put it together and today was the day I finished it. The executive staff has approved it and over the next week, I'll introduce it to all the department heads so they are aware of it's existence.

Now I need to work on some other things.


The Steelers are now on vacation.

Guess I need to start paying attention to my man Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs.


Here are a few links that you might be entertained by:

No comments: