Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Two oldest quarterbacks

When the Saints play the Buccaneers in this Sunday's divisional playoffs, the two oldest quarterbacks in the league, Tom Brady and Drew Brees, will face each other.

Someone went to a lot of trouble to create a poster for the game:
That took some talent and a decent sense of humor.


Speaking of football, my hope for the Superb Owl is a match between the Packers and the Chiefs. I'd like to see Mahomes go up against Rogers.

I don't care who wins but watching would be fun.


I purchased two banks of LED shop lights the other day and they will arrive here tomorrow. Oncw they arrive, I will put them up in the basement where my daughter is setting up a craft area for all her projects. Not only is she a highly educated doctor of veterinary medicine, she also is pretty damned creative and her dad is trying to make sure she has a place to be creative while not taking over the kitchen table.

Anyways, the point of this informative, educational and entertaining section of spewage is the dilemma we all face when buying light bulbs in this LED worlds we now live in.

There was a time when buying a light bulb was a simple affair. You went to the store and you got a 40 watt, a 60 watt or a 100 watt bulb. Or, if you had one of those fancy lamps, you got one bulb that did all three wattages.

You knew what you were getting because we all knew that a 40 watt was good light for a night table, a 60 watt was good for a reading lamp or an overhead light and the 100 watt was good for a garage, a workshop or outside lighting.

Nowadays you gotta know how many kelvins (coloration) and lumens (intensity) you want and in what ratio. There is no simple way to determine what looks best in a particular situation. So I got all scientific about my choice by going to Home Depot and looking at the bank of shop lights they offer.

I stood there, along with two other guys, for at least 2 minutes, looking at a particular light, reading the information tags and finally going, "Huh?". The two guys looked at me, nodded in agreement with my "Huh?" and then we all moved on to stare at the next light.

We did this for around 15 or 20 minutes before I said, "Well, good luck gentlemen. I'm going home and ordering a set from Amazon because I have a bunch of points & gift cards."

In the end, I placed an order for a pair of worklamps that produces 4800 lumens at 5000 kelvins, which, when you add them togther, gives you 9800 lumevins which is something that means as much to me as the other alleged measurement things.

My daughter is either going to be temporarily blinded or be very happy, not sure yet.


Here are some links I found:

No comments: